World Exclusive Interview

It was raining outside. Typical of May weather. I am sitting in the living room and fumbling through papers and looking for info on my subject today. She isn't here yet so i pull up photo's of her and try to think of the hard hitting questions that really opens up a piece. Due to the nature of this person, secrecy is very important and many interviews in the past have garnered very little but i have a feeling today will be different. She has now entered the room and sort of glides in and looks at me and yawns. We are off to a bad start. I try to get her to take a seat and the photographer is having a hard time getting the lighting right depending on how much she moves around. So with my tape recorder and notes i wrote down earlier, I am ready to start with my first question...



BBM: So, It's very good to see you today and thank you for coming out here. I understand how things like this can be tedious. How are you today?

AS: ... (she stares at me and slowly closes her eyes and looks the other way)

BBM: Ummm your publicist told me today was a good day. Happy birthday by the way! 28 is a great age.

She didn't appear to be interested. My hands are sweaty now and i am visibly shaken. She gets up and sits next to me and lays her hand on my mine. Very strange but she gave me the sense that it's okay to be nervous so i continued.

BBM: So what is your next project you are currently working on? will it be as ambitious as your previous works or will you try to break the mold so to be speak and give everyone something to really talk about?

AS: (she has now removed her hand from mine and proceeds to rub her head on my arm. Almost instinctively)

BBM: thank you? can we continue? are you too tired? we can reschedule if you are too tired?

At this point the photographer gives me a confused look and is clearly upset that he put aside time today to get candid pictures of this person. He starts packing his equipment and the noise gets her attention so she gets up and starts playing with the straps on the bag. He claims this is highly unprofessional and storms off as i am trying to calm him down and explain to him that this is her nature. He leaves.

BBM: I apologize for that. Fans have said in the past that you seem to appreciate their gifts and affection but that attention is never lasting as long as they would have hoped. What do you say to them?

AS: (She looks at me and slumps over on the floor in a playful manner and yet again yawns)

BBM: Maybe today was a bad day.

AS: (she looks at me and licks her lips and darts off to her bed)

Before i left i was able to grab a quick picture of her and i did promise her publicist that it wouldn't go online but i personally feel that if everyone knew her like i knew her they would see why i think she is so very important. We will try this again if time is permitted.

Archimedes Spoon



-R

Comments

Popular Posts