Remembering Robin: Live at the Roxy




I am a stand up comic who was influenced by Robin Williams a lot.  In particular Live At the Roxy.


When I watched this as a kid I didn't know Robin was teaching me how to dive into a crowd, and be so into the moment that you might even climb the walls.  


One of  thing's Robin was the best at was making prepared things look like quickness and off the cuff.  I remember watching a special on this show once where a camera man remembered Robin walking through the show with the person running the spot light.  Robin had every spot he was gonna go and showed the guy to make sure he was lit properly and all the wile making it look off cuff and spontaneous.  

This man was very good at his craft.


Now watch with us: 
Live At The Roxy (1978)


~CA

Comments

Popular Posts