The most Japanese thing ever

Man, do I never understand the Japanese.


 I mean I love them. 


 But man sometimes I just can't fathom....I am getting ahead of myself.


meet:
Antonio Inoki


Antonio Inoki is a retired Japanese professional wrestler and mixed martial artist. That's right both Mixed Martial Artist and Wrestler.


  Awesome. But here is where it gets weird. Watch this:


now here is some folk lore for you.


“During one visit to a school in the 80's,
Inoki was punched twice by a student. Inoki slapped
the student across the face, knocking him down. The student,
who later turned out to be an Inoki fan, then rose, bowed deeply,
and thanked Inoki for the slap. The incident became very
famous as the then live clip of the binta (slap in the face)
was shown many times on Japanese television. Now various
celebrities and even common people in Japan ask Inoki to slap them
to install courage or even as some sort of strange blessing.
The slap's name is the "Fighting Spirit (or Toukon) Slap." (闘魂ビンタ)”

Now I give you an entire Stadium standing in line for the “Fighting Spirit Slap”


Basically, the Japanese will do anything they want. You slap me in the face? I am mad. You do it in Japan then I am honored. 
 I am never leaving my basement.


 This world confuses me.


~BRB
(Broke Really Broke)




Comments

Popular Posts