7 Days of AL: Top Ten OriginAL's All time

     Lets face it most people know Weird Al for his parodies. But hidden in his albums are some real gems of original or style parodies. Though his name will always be linked with his skills rewriting songs I feel it is important to show off what AL can do on his own. Here now are a list of the 10 best originAL's of The weird one's career.

10)You don't love me anymore
This is one of my personal favorites slow, and to the point of how some dudes don’t get it.

9) Since You've Been Gone
The triumphant acapella of breaking up and hurt. This is the most upbeat sorrow gets.

8) Your Horoscope For Today
Who hates SKA? I DO! This song shows the thing that always mad Al the best to me an ability to get me to enjoy something I previously hated because of the sheer skill and goofiness of lyrics and composition.

7) Trigger Happy
I must confess the Beach Boys were always a guilty pleasure of mine. And Al has two Beach Boys songs cracking my top ten. Who doesn't like a little gun violence


6) Melanie
This song goes out to everyone who ever wanted a girl who never knew they existed, stalked, or killed themselves over


5) One More Minute
Lets keep that hear break rolling with another somber tale of defeat and rejection. This one with a I break up with you twist. Still one of my favorite Al videos all time


4) Dare To Be Stupid
OK Devo prepare to quake with jealousy cause Weird Al nailed what you were trying to do. This is probably the song that got me into Al so of course I had to include it.


3) Pancreas
Another Style parody of The Beach Boys, this time it is composed and executed in a way that would make Smile, Smiler!


2) Franks 2000 inch TV
This song was somewhat of an anthem to me growing up it is fun greatly composed and silly. All things Al.


1) Hardware store
Well #1 should be no surprise this is the best. In addition to Al's normally strong vocal performance this song also include synthesized beats of tools and one of the best single breath takes I have ever heard in my life.



Well there you have it a reason to love Al beyond his parodies. Al week continues!

~CA



Comments

  1. I have been a fan of Al and his band since the '70s. Al knows what his fans like, and his band delivers it with style. These guys are some of the best in the business of keeping their fans happy. I hope to be able to see him live before he retires/I die/the Earth ends/aliens attack, or whatever. Here's to many more Weird Albums!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Popular Posts