I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE by Royal Stein


Well i had it. My moment. It's all over now. I can die a happy boy. What did i do that was so impressive you might ask because you are crazy and feel like asking a computer questions? Well let me tell you from the beginning and then get to the ending without really describing too much or giving away too many details (i'am not the Huffington Post lol).



I was struggling with putting on a shirt as most morbidly obese man-children do before leaving for my teenagers job (i am 33) when my wife sent me a text message. That's right! i haven't eaten my phone yet! She was out antiquing with her mother and she saw this old time photo of a woman but this woman looked liked Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame and my first response was to put this on Reddit.
Actual text message


I decided right then and there that if at least 2 people liked it i wouldn't kill myself today and to my surprise it became a hit.
actual text message
cropped reddit score


After that I modestly posted that my photo was doing well on Reddit on to Facebook... 

taken from Facebook. Note the typo in the post "Went to willys and had good" jesus christ
...(but i didn't post the photo for some reason) and that got me 7 sweet likes. These "likes" propelled me to a state of euphoria one could only describe as having a child or accidentally eating a pot brownie. I also got new shoes so now i was walking on sunshine in style and comfort.

Reddit Lurker Sam Gorton and Facebook Friend

Soon after people were wondering what this photo was about and before i knew it Reddit exploded and my post made it to the front page (it's like your ego getting a blow job from the internet). I was so confused because before i posted that picture on the line i was a nobody and now i am someone. The sun is brighter and food tastes better and i have an extra spring in my step. i thought i reached for the sun and just got a bitchin' tan but the best was yet to come.

Last night, a friend of mine shared on my Facebook page that my Harry Potter photo had been used in an article published by The Huffington Post!. I could not sleep after seeing that! I don't usually read anything but since this was about me i had to get my eyes on it as soon as possible.
Courtesy of Huffington Post 2015

Here was the Huffington Post using my photo to prove a point. That actor Daniel Radcliffe was a time traveling woman. THIS IS JOURNALISM HEAVEN! This was breaking news and here i am on the top of it all lighting cigars with $100 bills and riding a segway to work. But the internet has always had a certain sense of anonymity and it seemed to be the only crutch in this fantastical situation. Sure, my wife took the phot that rocked Hogwarts. Yes, all i did was post it to Reddit with just the right kind of title. But none of that says my name on it. It says Reddit user "Gurblah" is the creature in the spot light. Royal Stein is nothing more than the puppeteer to this sad play called "Life". I'm monster that craves attention.

My moment is over. The party is over. I put my Clark Kent costume back on and join the marching workforce line to my part time job for teenagers and hang my head. Does time travel exist? did my post out Daniel Radcliffe for the time traveling hussy he really is? Does any of it really matter? It did for me.

-RS


Comments

Popular Posts